Pages

May 13, 2012

Daddy's little girl


It seems so strange.. sitting
alone here in this train, with
hardly any passengers, looking
at the world outside, and wondering
why it seems so different somehow…

When I was with you, the world
was such a beautiful place, so
secure, cosy and comfortable, feeling
cherished and pampered, with all
my needs taken care of…

You were there at each step, holding
me up, giving me everything I
wanted, making me eat and get enough
sleep, hovering protectively and
worrying about me.

But I didn’t realize all this then, and
just wanted to leave you and live
on my own, needing to prove how
grown up I was.... rebelling, when you
wanted me to conform.

I remember the hurt in your eyes, as
I answered back rudely, or asked you
to give me my freedom and privacy..
the pain you felt when you realized
I had secrets of my own…

I got what I wanted…but being on my
own has shown me the value of what I used 
to take for granted, nobody seems to care the
way you did, no one tries to understand..
How I miss you, Daddy!

Now, I wish I could put the clock back
and have some more time with you,
Nothing is as I thought it would be…
The world outside is indifferent,
uncaring and unfriendly…

I wish I didn’t have to grow up….
I wish I could just be…
Daddy’s little girl again!


picture courtesy:http://creativewriting.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/prompt-26.jpg

No comments: