Pages

May 20, 2012

The choice


Running over the sweeping fields
always gave me a sense of flying..
A feeling of liberation…the whole world
lying before me…so vast and open
as if waiting for me to explore…

So why restrict myself? Having no
patience with fences...disliking the idea
of boundaries….disregarding them...
finding the courage to leap over 
and soar above my limitations..

So it was, as I stood on the crossroads
of my future..the endless doubts about
what I could and couldn’t do…most of
my friends going the expected way
making me feel left out and alone…

Confused at first, and not sure which way
to go, tempted to take the easy way
by just following others, yet holding back,
reluctant to submerge my individuality
in the predictable and mundane….

Finally choosing to follow the direction
of my heart…. the decision to move away
from the crowd seeking the ordinary…
Setting aside my fears…ready to face
the unexpected and the unknown…

The responsibility of shaping my destiny
believing in the strength of my choice
exploring new avenues, not usually
followed by the multitude, but
believing in it….and in myself…

2 comments:

Firefly said...

We met soon after this!

A lot of it resonates!:)

Archana said...

Hello
I just saw your comments on my blog, but couldnt make out who you are. Can you please let me know who you are coz I would love to have your feedback and comments on my work.