Pages

January 19, 2012

TAKE ME ALONG.....


Kissing you goodbye
Was the hardest thing
I’d ever had to do in my life….
Not knowing when
You would come back,
Or whether you would be back at all….

Believing you would return
Was something I had to cling on to…
Though it was going to be difficult.....
The world would come to its senses
And the war would end…
Giving us the future we dreamed of….

Putting myself into that kiss
I gave you everything I had….
Needing you to understand
All that I had been unable to say
Willing you to feel the love
Flowing from me to you….

Wanting you to remember
All the good times that we had
The laughter, the sunshine…
The perfect ease of companionship
With the intensity of emotions
Threatening to spill over….

Wishing you would take me along....
As a memory….to make you smile
As a hope…to hold on to
As a presence….to keep you safe
As a faith…..to give you strength
As a promise…to bring you back……




picture courtesy:http://creativewriting.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/prompt-2.jpg

No comments: