Pages

April 15, 2012

You and I



You are part of the sky
I am of the earth

You sail the heavens
I coast the waters

You belong to the night
I am a being of the day

You light up the dark
I bask in your glow

You move with a purpose
I drift with the current

You go about on your own
I need to have direction

You are surrounded by stars
I am grounded by reeds

You are not afraid of clouds
I am at the mercy of waves

You control the tides
I am dependent on them

You make your presence felt
I am not noticeable

You are universally needed
I am dispensable

You are beyond reach
I have to be available

You are the object of dreams
I am part of the scenery

You seem  unreal, a fantasy
I belong to reality

You can change moods
I am not allowed to

You wax and wane
I cannot afford to

You are one of a kind
I am ordinarily common

You are admired, adored
I am taken for granted

You look down and see the world
I look up and see only you

You are the gorgeous moon
I am just a dilapidated boat…..


No comments: